Thursday, September 13, 2007

Trivia Time!

Here is a brief sporting quiz about yours truly. Most of you probably won’t get that many, well my brother might, but regardless guessing is fun too.

1. Everyone knows I am a huge Denver Broncos and Los Angeles Dodgers fan, or at least you should. Who are my top 3 favorite Broncos players and top 3 Dodgers players of all time?

2. When I played football at Margarita Elementary School, I had a gold jersey with what number on it, and why did I pick that number? (hint: my position was WR)

3. Other than the Dodgers, I was a fan of this team growing up, I even had a jersey.

4. I loathe (hmm loathe is too nice of a word actually) that team who plays football in oakland pretty much more than anything. That said who is the only player on that team I enjoyed watching?

5. When I was an Honorary Dodgers Bat Boy for one game I was able to obtain autographs from 3 Dodgers, name them.

6. What was the first football game I attended? What were the results?

7. What historic basketball game did I attend?

8. I have seen one no-hitter, who pitched it and who was it against?

9. What was my first sports bet (hint, it didn’t involve money), who did I bet with, and did I win
10. When I went to Washington DC in the Spring of 06, I had my picture taken with whose basketball jersey?

3 comments:

Jim said...

1. Top Broncos: (1) Brian Griese, (2) John Elway, (3) Terrell Davis. Top Dodgers: (1) Eric Gagne, (2) Kirk Gibson, (3) um, Duke Snider?

2. #1, because you wanted to mimic Anthony Carter at Michigan.

3. San Francisco Giants

4. Bo Jackson! He was so good in Super Tecmo Bowl.

5. Eric Gagne, Kirk Gibson, and Duke Snider.

6. L.A. Rams vs. L.A. Raiders

7. L.A. Lakers vs. L.A. Clippers, when the Clippers actually won.

8. Greg Maddux, L.A. Dodgers vs. L.A. Angels (wow, these are bad guesses)

9. L.A. Galaxy vs. L.A.'s other MLS team. You bet with John and you were both winners, since you both got to enjoy the Freeway Series... MLS style!

10. Okay, this question would seemingly be my best chance to get one right, since I saw you in D.C., but I have no idea. Maybe it was at the Smithsonian, so I'll say Michael Jordan. Or Sheryl Swoopes. Or one of the Globetrotters.

Hutch said...

Wow. I don't think I know many of these. I'll give it a shot though.

1. John Elway, Terrell Davis, Karl Mecklingburg. Darryl Strawberry, Orel Hershiser, Mike Piazza.

2. You played for Marguerita? Where was I? If you were a smart receiver you would have picked 80.

3. New York Mets. If that's wrong then the Angels because of Wally Joyner.

4. Bo Jackson

5. Brett Butler, Alfredo Griffin, and Dave Hansen. Only confident about the first one there.

6. Raiders/Broncos. Broncos lost.

7. Basketball? That game the Clippers won that one time?

8. Kent Merker. Braves over Dodgers.

9. Unless you bet on the 86 World Series, then it was for ice cream in the Kirk Gibson 88 Series game.

10. No clue. Jordan?

Amy said...

1. a. John Elway b. Terrell Davis c. ....I really only know those first 2

2. This jersey is in my drawer still I believe...I want to say 7, but I'm not 100%

3. My guess would be Giants, but again I have no clue

4. You liked someone on the Raiders?

5. a. Tommy Lasorda b.... c. I was like 2...how should I know

6. Line
7. Laker game I would assume
8. ....
9. Um...Chippie and you won something like baseball cards or ice cream or candy or something

10. You have a basketball jersey?

There I took your stupid quiz. As you can see, I lack knowledge about you and your sports. I reject this quiz.