Sunday, September 28, 2008

Health Food?

Last weekend I was able to make my first trip to a fair. That's right, despite being pretty white, I've never been to a county or state fair. Some say this is sad, some say this is extremely sad. Anyway, from what I had been told you'd find a lot of slack jawed yokels, carnies, and fried food. After going there I can assure you that you'll find exactly those 3 things!

I didn't take any pictures of the mullet crowd, or the carnies trying to trick you into playing their fixed games. I did however take pictures of a few of the interesting food items i consumed.

The picture above is the lunch that Christie, Eric, Jenn and I indulged in. In case you are wondering we had, a slab of bbq ribs, a polish sausage, a bbq beef sandwich, 2 orders of beer battered cheese fries, and one order of regular fries (not shown the 3 beers we had to wash it down).

If you guessed the picture above is a corn dog with sugar on it, you'd be half right. It is sugar, but the friend thing on the stick is actually a snickers bar. Mmm deep fried snickers bars are quite tasty.

Have you ever had chocolate covered bacon before? Yeah, I didn't think so. I will say that despite thinking the two flavors could never go together, I, as well as the other three found it to be way better expected. The mixture of salty with sweet makes a good treat. I wouldn't attempt to make it part of my normal diet of course though....or should I?

I know I forgot to put random facts on my last 2 blogs, so here are 3 facts for you now!

1. One seven-letter word that contains ten other words without any of the letters being rearranged is therein. In includes the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein, and herein.

2. A duffle bag is so called because the thick wool originally used to make the bags came from the Belgium town of Duffel.

3. President Kennedy's wife, Jacqueline, had the recipe for daiquiris pinned to the wall of the White house kitchen. It was the couple's favorite drink.

4 comments:

Curelover said...

Mmmmmm fried food. I can taste the bad for you-ness :)

Jim said...

This is the BEST POST EVER. I saw your first picture and was quite impressed. Then when I saw the deep fried Snickers I was even more impressed. But the chocolate-covered bacon... wow, I am speechless. I am just in awe.

John said...

was the recipe for a virgin strawberry daiquiri? i heard those are good!

Jim said...

You should update your blog! It's been almost four months since this BEST POST EVER!