Monday, July 24, 2006

The Heat is Not Hot

Could it be any hotter? I highly doubt it, but who knows. Anyway this past weekend I spent my time watching two movies, going out to eat, and pretty much just doing stuff so that I could be in places with Air Conditioning (as I'm an addict for A/C). Anyway yesterday I see in the Target ad in the paper, a box fan for $10.99. I figured this would be a good addition to my new room and help things cool down at night.




So my dad and I venture out to go find a fan. We go to the Target right by our house, and they are sold out. Okay, no skin off our backs we say and go on to other places to try to find what we are looking for. We go to Home Depot, CVS Pharmacy, K-mart, Sav-on, Bed Bath & Beyond and finally to another Target. All of these places have the same thing...NO FANS! They have like mini fans that might keep our wiener dog cool, but no normal sized human will find much use for them. I understand that its summer and all, and that people are desperately trying to find fans, but honestly shouldn't someone have at least one fan? Is that too much to ask? So alas my room is still warm and my search will continue for a little bit longer.

Despite the heat I am staying hydrated at least, only with water though. I once knew a guy who tried to drink something different when it was hot. It didn't turn out so well.

"It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice"

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Awww. We spent our weekend doing the same thing. My mom and I tried 4 different stores to try and find a fan but we too had no luck and are still looking. If you find one let me know!