Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm back!

Hey everyone I know you have been dying for a new post and by dying I mean tired of looking at my last post. Thank you to everyone/anyone who donated to the Jimmy V foundation. Anyway onto some new posts.

Las Vegas:


So last weekend (July 14-16) Susan, Patrick, Christie and I ventured out in the heat to drive out to Vegas. I volunteered to drive my car as I am a A/C addict and didn't want to pass out from being without it for a few minutes. We had decided to go since our friend Tyler was racing his car at the speedway. I must say that I was quite impressed with the races, especially the drift racing. Now I really know what it means when Bow Wow said "When you're out of control, you're in control" in Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Nights.

The trip itself was non eventful for the most part, no one won any money, Patrick and I did play in a poker tournament at the Sahara (KJ screwed me!), Wynn Buffet was tasty as always (mmm real bacon mmm), and the Star Trek drink still packs a punch.

Where the trip was uneventful, the ride home was quite the opposite. Started out with a flat tire which was changed with the help of some skater guy who seemed not to impressed with our group. About 30 miles later, after going up the hills with the A/C blasting my car started to putter, and made some weird noises. I pulled off to the side of the road. The car wouldn't start and we were stuck out there for about an hour till the also unimpressed AAA guy came and told me my car had vapor lock. Thanks again to Tyler for coming to rescue Patrick and Susan.

Diamond Club Angel Game:


On July 17th, I was able to obtain Diamond Club seats for the Angels vs. Indians Game. These are the seats right behind home plate and where you can go eat at the fancy smancy restaurant/bar inside the stadium. We had the stadium buffet which consisted of steak, chicken, pasta, red snapper, really good turkey and other side dishes. Needless to say it was worth the cost, plus our waitress was cool and played along with our retarded jokes, and trust me there were many. While in the diamond club bar area we ran into Chuck Finley. You may remember him as an Angel and Indians pitcher from the 90s. You may also remember that he got beat up by his wife Tawny. This should refresh your memory:



In the end the Angels won, lots of runs were scored, and we realized that we had been spoiled by the good seats and good food. Oh and in case you were wondering we kept our work clothes on so we could look like we belonged there and weren't just some random people. I'm sure it worked!

1 comment:

Hutch said...

I've lost the Sahara tourney too!