Monday, January 07, 2008

I missed you Blog

Hello everyone! I know you were all missing out on your fix of stupid posts from yours truly, so here I am back for 2008! First lets catch up on the past couple of weeks that I have been away:

I had originally stopped blogging the day my grandfather passed away cause I didn't really know what exactly to write at that time. Still hard at times, here is his bio: Robert E. Hutchins

Me, my brother and my dad flew back to Massena, New York for the funeral, here are a few shots from our trip:


Here is my grandfather's picture in his Army uniform with his Bronze Star and Purple Heart

Here is the river that runs along the back of my Grandparent's former, and aunt's current house

Cousin Picture: Brad, Peter, Matthew, Paul, Grandma Hutchins, Emily (not present Amy, Stacey, Sally, Kenny, Amanda)

Here I am trying to get my dad to recreate the scene in "A Christmas Story" where the kid gets his tongue stuck to the flag pole.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but it was cold.

Me and my next ride, a sweet snowmobile. These work in sand right?

This got old, very very fast.

I really like this picture cause it was the last time all of us were all together at the same time. Back row: Uncle Rick, Uncle Bruce, Sally, Aunt Judy, Aunt Beth, Uncle Kenny, Mom, Amy, Dad Middle Row: Matthew, Me Bottom Row: Grandpa Stacey, Grandma, Emily, Peter, Paul

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of the pictures I took while there. It was cool to see everyone again, although the circumstances for us getting together was not fun.


Because I know you are all dying to know what else I have been up to recently, here are a few pictures I have taken to document the last month and a half.

Went to a Clippers game, turns out.....they suck!

Took part in numerous conference calls at work pertaining to California's Health Reform. Guess what everyone? We are all getting health insurance*

Found this peanut in my bag at work, are you aware there are 4 peanuts in that shell! Yeah, this is what i get excited about at work.

Look I am royalty! The fine people of Amazon.com seem to think so at least!

Despite going to Vegas numerous times before, this was the first "Dam" Time I had to visit the Hoover Dam. I gotta say it was "Dam" Exciting and "Dam" big. And yes this lame joke continues to this day.

Here I am rubbing the toes of some "Dam" statue that is supposed to bring good luck. Well I won a nice amount in Vegas, so I guess it worked!

Here is a T-shirt given to me by my friend Peter. Alhambra, for all of you who don't know is from this day on, to be known as "The Bra" - and since you all saw that I was royalty, this is real!


Oh well, all this blogging is now making me tired, and I'm going to read my new book before I go to sleep. Yes it's a Star Wars Book, yes its a Pop-Up Book, and yes the lightsabers are really glowing....Whatever, don't judge me.


Thank you all who came back to my blog after a long blog-hiatus. I will do my very best to blog at least once a week this year, possibly more! As a new feature to my blog, at the end of each post I will give you all a random piece of information that I learned in "The Ultimate Book of Useless Information" so that you can all be as knowledgeable as me on obscure topics!


Here is today's: It only takes 7 pounds of pressure to rip off your ear


* - You will get health insurance if the state votes to increase taxes......little word to the wise, you aren't getting health insurance.

4 comments:

Hedwig said...

welcome back. kudos on a strong return!

Curelover said...

Yay you are back :) ...I really like the four shell peanut. That is freaking awesome.

Jim said...

Welcome back from the blogbattical! And great post! The dam was pretty darn exciting... I mean, dam exciting. It almost felt like we were hoovering above the water. (see how I incorporated "Hoover" into the sentence... um, ha... heh...)

Amy said...

maybe you should of taken the picture of the last time we were all together down to the wal-mart and gotten a copy of it or something. it would probably slightly better quality than a picture of a picture...just saying