Sunday, August 27, 2006

Going back to DC?

Perhaps my question of where I should go next has already been answered for me. I clicked here and found this:

"In just four weeks, Tai Shan, Mei Xiang, and Tian Tian will enjoy two new outdoor areas and lots more indoor space. New features include a water-cooled grotto, pools and streams, a fog grove, and a cooled rock on which a panda and a visitor can sit side by side, separated only by glass. Visitors will have other opportunities for up-close encounters with the bears, see them from more vantage points, learn about them at the fantastic Clint Fields Conservation Plaza, and more."

Ever since I went to DC in the spring I haven't been so panda gung-ho, as Tai was being a little prima donna and not coming out to have his picture taken while I was visiting. Perhaps me reading this is a sign that Tai has come to his senses and is ready to come out and have his picture taken for me.

2 comments:

Jim said...

The National Zoo recently got some new tiger cubs. They're probably a lot less arrogant than Tai Shan...and if there was some tiger cub/panda cub fistfight, I'd definitely put my money on the tigers.

John said...

oh....a tiger vs. panda?!? jim, you're saying tony the tiger would beat tai shan? i would so put my last gajillion dollar chip on tai. after i win that bet, id double it on the croc hunter in a rematch against that sting ray. what?!?! too soon?