Wednesday, August 23, 2006

San Francisco and the long ride home


After a few days alone I was ready to be able to talk to real people again. I drove up to Oakland airport really early on Saturday morning. While waiting for their flight I was able to go to harbucks and give my brother directions over the phone for my fantasy draft.

Well at 1 pm, John and Wally landed and we were off to SF. I forgot how much I hated traffic and getting around the city. There are way too many one way streets, hills, and just stupid drivers. Thank you again to John for driving.

After eating a grab linner (yes thats linner, in between lunch and dinner, don't judge) we headed over to have a beer with Tim, Gilbert, Matt, Tezo and Marlene before heading off to the ballpark. We drink a beer and then head over to the stadium and wait for Tim to come bring the tickets...and we wait....and we wait....and the game starts...and we wait. Eventually Tim comes running down the street and we rush in the stadium. Its okay as we only missed the first 1 1/2 innings though right? Well normally yes, but here the Dodgers scored 10 runs in the first 2 innings....lets all thank Tim now....THANKS TIM!!



Anyway the rest of the game was still a blast. Talking smack to Giants fans isn't nearly as intimidating as talking to other fans. Perhaps its cause the Dodgers are in first and the Giants are in last, perhaps its cause the Dodgers were killing the Giants, or perhaps its cause the Giants fans are small weak looking white people, you can decide for yourself. They really had nothing to counter with, it was fun.

Anyway the game ends and naturally the Dodgers win! Go Dodgers, although a Dodgers win just isn't the same without singing "I Love LA".



So after sleeping in our luxorious and spaceous hotel room:



We headed back to Southern California. It was a great ride home, well except for the shredded tired/torn wheel well and bumper incident. Don't worry we are fine and the ride home was only 9 hours, but it pracically flew by...oh wait not so much.



So after two trips in a few weeks where my car has suffered flat/shredded tires I think it is for the best that I don't take my car any further than San Diego. I think its trying to tell me something. Other than that though I had a really good vacation, San Francisco was a lot better than going to Oakland for the Angel's game last year. Now I am looking forward to my next sporting adventure. As of right now I have Arizona in November, but September and October are still open.....any suggestions?

3 comments:

Cyn said...

aww, you mean you arent going to AZ in September with us?

Darth said...

i am going to az in november already, but i will go anywhere, so long as i don't have to drive my car.

Cyn said...

you would have to take a day off though. if we can go it would be like the weekend of the 15th.

and we would be going in my car. by the way i am sorry about your car, its a sad car.