Thursday, August 02, 2007

Washington DC

As most of you know I went to Washington DC last week. Here are some pictures from the trip in no particular order:


-Lincoln Memorial taken at night

- Robert E. Lee's House at Arlington

- An Orangutan with a bag on his head, perhaps a Lions fan.

- Race of the Presidents at the Nationals game. Teddy does not win.....ever!

- Beers after the game with Jim, Malinda and Christie

- Fords Theater. Damn you John Wilkes Booth!

- Portrait Gallery of the Presidents. Here is George H. W. Bush, my favorite president with the surname Bush!

- George Washington's House, or as I call it: Cribs Revolutionary War Style!

- The administrator of Rhymes with Gin believes in blog promises!

- Lincoln's picture in the Portrait Gallery's Civil War Exhibit

- View of the Lincoln Memorial and the World War II Memorial from the top of the Washington Monument. Its a Kodak moment

- Bulls at Washington's House. Notice the small wooden fence, is this secure?

- Mei Xiang lounging on some rocks. Apparently pandas are not cuddly and will maul you, go figure?

- 2 year old Tai Shan being lazy as usual. At least I could see him this time!

- The Vietnam Memorial....there are way too many names

- Grandpa Hutchins!

- World War I Memorial. This one doesn't get the love the others do.

So there you go, a quick recap. I have more pictures, but I just chose a few so you could get a glimpse of some of the things we did. Fun trip overall. One of these days I'll actually get a White House tour, go see Monticello, and take the Green Metro Line someplace.

2 comments:

Curelover said...

Nice with the pictures ... I'm glad you updated. :)

Jim said...

This is an excellent follow-up to the "If I can change, we can all change" post! To have pandas, orangutans, the presidents' race, and the administrator of rhymes with gin featured all together... it'll be hard to top this!