Saturday, March 24, 2007

Long time, No Blog

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of blogs, I think most pissed off would be my blog itself. So a big forgiveness, please blog?

Moving on…



After reading John’s blog trip to New York, I felt that I needed an awesome trip myself. Then it was announced that John would be making a return visit in May. Deciding to be a good friend so that he wouldn’t have to watch plays by himself, eat by himself, do tours by himself, etc. I decided that I would sacrifice my time and go along (this has nothing to do with the hotel his work is paying for or the fact that the Red Sox happen to be in town to play the Yankees). My only other trip to NY lasted for about 5 hours back when I was living in DC. Me and two friends drove up, had a slice of pizza watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest on stage, went to Rockefeller Center and then proceeded to drive back. Needless to say, I have a lot of sightseeing to do. For those of you who have been there, what do you suggest I do?

7 comments:

Cyn said...

Ellis Island, go up in the Statue of Liberty, see a show on Broadway, Central Park, take a photo in the middle of the street in Time Square. There are so many other things to do as well.

Jim said...

Wow, you are a good friend! When John went to New York last month, I was too lazy to meet up with him, even though it was only a four-hour drive away. And I'm family!

Cup-O-Noodles said...

The one thing I would suggest is do not get wrapped up in sight-seeing because you really miss out on the atmosphere of new york. I enjoyed the sights I saw but my favorite memories were just hanging out in neighborhoods and bars and eating Italian food in little Italy. Oh, but it could be interesting to go to what used to be the World Trade Center.

Curelover said...

Broadway show all the way !! Have a fun trip :)

Anonymous said...

I went for a week in '98 and though I did see a broadway show (Miss Saigon...now THAT was depressing...) most of my view of the city was from the inside of dressing rooms...gawd, the shopping there is amazing!! Did I mention I bought so many shoes I had to ship them home separately..? Prob'ly not a big surprize there...

Amy said...

um i think i want to go see the new york robbie saw. i hate you for getting to go see conan and do that tv tour. lame...i gotta get me to nyc sometime

Hutch said...

If you could find some time to mix either fire or urine with Yankee Stadium, that would be cool.