Friday, January 26, 2007

My Launch.com Music Player



During slow sports weeks, I usually don't listen to sports talk because it's not that interesting. This is one of those weeks as the Superbowl is still more than a week away and for the most part they are discussing things that don't interest me that much. Being unable to sit and work in complete silence I decided to give my yahoo.com launch player spin to see what gems they can give me. Mind you, as you rank your favorite music, they will play more music similar to it.....or so they say. Here is a sample of my latest playlist:

1. John Mellencamp - "Our Country" - This is the song featured in those Chevy commercials, where we learn that Hurricane Katrina, 9/11, hicks and rodeos apparently make up OUR COUNTRY!
2. Seven Mary Three - "Cumbersome" - I hadn't heard this song in ages, but I for some reason remember my cousins John and Melissa enjoying it one summer I hung out with them in Santa Cruz .
3. Jimmy Fallon - "Troll Jingles" - This is from Fallon's "comedy" album. Here he does impressions of famous bands singing about those ugly troll dolls, in case you forgot what they look at here is a picture of something similar:

4. Tupac - "Lord Knows" - I can keep it real too!
5. Ian Van Dahl - "Secret Love" - I listen to some trance music occasionally, this is one of the better ones.
6. The Michael Garson Ensemble - Streets of Philadelphia " - Apparently this guy takes famous songs and does them with a symphony. It was actually pretty good. Maybe I'll look into other songs by him.
7. Garbage - "Milk" - This song, along with "Vow" made me by this album. One of my better music buying decisions.
8. The Smiths - "Big Mouth Strikes Again" - One of my favorite songs by the Smiths.
9. Blink 182 - "All of This" - Actually this is what happens when the Cure meets Blink 182. Surprisingly good!
10. Sigur Ros - "Untitled" - I think it was untitled #2, but it didn't say for sure. Hey Sigur, you wrote the song, give it a title!
11. Bill Conti - "Gonna Fly Now" - Don't recognize the song? Imagine Rocky running around and up the stairs...yep that's the song!
12. The Pixies - "Where is my Mind?" - Always makes me think of the end of Fight Club, perfect song for that scene too!
13. Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies - "Uptown Girl" - Speeds up Billy's version just a little bit
14. Elliot Smith - "Everything Reminds me of Her" - I think I have all of Elliot's stuff rated pretty high so that way I get one of his songs pretty often.
15. Tori Amos - "Lust" - Ditto for Tori, get a song from her nearly every hour.
16. Oingo Boingo - "Not my Slave" - I wish they'd hurry up and come back for Halloween already, maybe this year? maybe?
17. Collective Soul - "World I know" - how the heck did this get on my list? Where's the skip button...oh yeah there it is.


Anyway, hope you all enjoyed this look into my launch player. You don't need to tell me that my music taste is weird, I'm fully aware

No comments: