Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A look back at 2006

Hey everyone, sorry about the lack of blogging:

Here are some highlights and lowlights from the year that was:


10 Highlights

- Going to Washington DC on vacation
- Getting to go to Santa Cruz for a week
- Getting to see the famous Tai Shan
- Watching the Dodgers make the playoffs
- Getting to see 2 USC Football games, 1 Arizona Cardinals Game, 2 Clipper games, 1 Washington National game, 1 Washington National game, the last 2 rounds of the World Baseball Classic, and countless Dodgers and Angels games.
- Getting to closer to my 100 beer goal at Crown City Brewery
- Getting a new job with the Orange County Health Care Agency
- Getting to watch my favorite shows endlessly: Arrested Development, the Simpsons, the Office, and How I Met Your Mother.
- Getting to go to Disneyland twice after not going at all for 5 years.
- Throwing a fun BBQ at my house for my birthday.

10 Lowlights

- Having to put Tootsie, our wiener dog to sleep after she got very sick
- Watching USC lose to Texas in the national championship game
- Watching the Dodgers get swept in the first round of the playoffs
- Watching the Broncos get held out of the playoffs after losing their last game to that other stupid team from nor-cal.
- Car troubles: Car dying coming home from Vegas, shredded tire with body damage coming back from SF, and to top it off a blown engine right at the end of the year.
- Leaving the most exciting Dodger game since they moved to LA early
- Not having any real successful trips to Las Vegas despite numerous attempts
- People in the family getting sick
- My sister moving away and being forced to fix lunches for myself everyday.
- Having the house broken into and losing my bags of change, my camera and all of my mom’s and sister’s jewelry.


10 Hopes/Expectations for the upcoming year.

- Go on vacation somewhere
- Read at least 4 books
- Reach my 100 beer goal, and then slow down the drinking
- Watching a few more movie series straight through while keeping updated logs
- Try to take more pictures for my blog and for myself (I know I need a camera)
- Try to update my blog and the 742evergreenterrace blog more frequently
- Win the World Series of Pop Culture (Hey I have an interview, anything is possible!)
- Try to go to at least one baseball game per week during the regular season
- Go see a Broncos game in Denver
- Possibly move out of the house

3 comments:

Curelover said...

Highlights for Children is the best magazine ever. Please like you are really going to blog on 742 Evergreen. I should just kick you off.

Amy said...

aw me moving was a low light? guess that proves that u miss me lots and i must be your favorite sibling. i had always assumed such, this just seems to confirm it.

btw, don't u already pretty much go to a baseball game every week of the season?

Anonymous said...

You said your little seester moving was a low light..?

That's sweeeet...wait, no actually, its kinda sappy.