Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blast from the Past

Today while I was driving home from bowling I heard a song that brought me back to my childhood. I think it was around 6th or 7th grade, when the artist/genius that is Timmy T put out his single: One more Try. Naturally, I listened to the whole thing and reminisced about it. Anyway, once I got home I sent the video to Mac, who equally enjoyed it, which then led us to sending lame videos back and forth. Here is how our battle went (I have included links for you all to enjoy):

Me: Timmy T : One More Try
Mac: Tommy Page: I'll Be Your Everything
Me: Another Bad Creation: Playground
Me: The Boys: Dial My Heart
Mac: Stevie B: Waiting For Your Love
Mac: Jon Secada: Just Another Day
Me: Expose: Point of No Return
Mac: Wilson Phillips: Hold On
Mac: Richard Marx: Right Here Waiting
Me: Pointer Sisters: I'm So Excited
Mac: Peter Cetera: Glory of Love
Me: Joe Esposito: You're the Best
Me: Tiffany: I Think We're Alone Now
Mac: Hot Sundae: Put Your Mind To It
Me: Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch: Good Vibrations
Me: Heavy D and the Boyz: Now That We Found Love
Mac: Snow: Informer
Me: Wreck N Effect: Rump Shaker
Mac: Biz Markie: Just a Friend
Me: Young Mc: Bust a Move
Me: Shanice: I Love Your Smile
Mac: Neneh Cherry: Buffalo Stance
Mac: C&C Music Factory: Gonna Make You Sweat

As you can easily tell, we are both quite knowledgeable when it comes to awesome music. I hope you all take the time to sit and watch these videos as remember, the "artists" put a lot of hard work into their work and deserve our respect.........okay who am I kidding feel free to mock away.

3 comments:

Amy said...

tommy page was on an episode of 'full house'. he sang at stephanie's birthday and she thought he was in love with her and then dj went out with him and thought he was in love with her and then we found out he had a gf and wanted to just be friends w/both of them. however until now, i thought tommy page was a fictional musician they made up for the episode, not an actual "artist"...

John said...

man...you were totally kicking mac's ass, but mac made a strong comeback. i say you guys tie. you guys are both losers! i only say that because im so jealous i wasnt included in this discussion.

Curelover said...

I actually like almost all those songs. Sweet.