Saturday, February 17, 2007

Songs on TV

A lot of people have songs they like a lot that remind them of a certain movie (i.e. Eye of the Tiger reminds people of Rocky). What I found is that TV shows usually don't do that for as many people. In order to give songs from TV shows their due respect here are 9 songs with artist that remind me of a certain show. Try to identify the TV show, as well as the scene in which it was played that made it memorable:

At this moment - Billy Vera
Breathe Me - Sia
We've got tonight - Bob Segar
Winter - Joshua Radin
Live to Win - Paul Stanley
Mother of Pearl - Roxy Pearl
Anna - Arthur Alexander
With or Without You - U2
The Final Countdown - Europe


Here are a couple of hints:
1. I watch(ed) all these shows pretty consistently at one point or another, except for one, I just happened to catch an episode of it.
2. 1 of these songs is from a cartoon.
3. One of the songs is from a show, for which other songs are probably a bit more memorable.
4. 1 of the songs is from an 80s show, 3 are from shows aired in the 90s, and 5 are shows aired in the 2000s.

Best of luck to you!

6 comments:

Hedwig said...

i only know 1 for sure and the other one is a song that reminds me of a show, which shall be my answer.

Breathe Me - Sia: Six Feet Under season finale
With or Without You - U2: Friends(the song that ross requests when rachel is pissed at him for making "a list")

Darth said...

so far those are correct

Hutch said...

The Final Countdown is obviously Arrested Development.

Hutch said...

I don't know who Joshua Radin is, but his song just popped up on your music player. It sounds very Garden State-ish so I'm gonna guess Zach Braff used it on Scrubs at some point.

Amy said...

live to win is from south park in the wow ep. final countdown is ad, with or without you is friends (you cant think that i wouldnt get that one at least), winter is when brendan fraser died on scrubs and they are at the funeral and dr. cox is realizing it.

yeah thats all i got..

Curelover said...

I'm sure one of these is from How I Met Your Mother and another from Lost because you don't watch a whole lot of shows. I would guess but I don't feel like downloading these songs.