Tuesday, February 27, 2007

It's here

So as the comments in the previous blogged explained. The "Special Agent: BSH2" is my new bowling ball. I knew I wasn't throwing my ball properly since I wasn't using my thumb, but lately my fingers had been really swollen and I was having some pain in my wrist and elbow after bowling. Because of this I went to the pro shop at my bowling alley. The pro informed me that only 1 pro bowler has ever thrown with no thumb and hooking the ball.......today that bowler can't do anything having gone through 10 elbow and 5 wrist surgeries. Needless to say this was my version of scared straight. I ordered my new ball and it arrived today. With my Las Vegas bowling trip this weekend I decided it was time to redo my technique. I like to think of myself as Tiger Woods of bowling, I mean he redid his swing and won 7 tournaments in a row....I can easily do the same. I know many of you are thinking, why change right before an important trip? Well, Vegas lanes are oiled a lot more than normal lanes and the "Excalibur BSH" doesn't work well with oily lanes. The "Special Agent BSH2" is made for oily lanes as it is sanded and cuts through any surface (yes I know I'm a bowling nerd). I took it out today for 8 games, four at 2 different places. My avg was about 35 pins less than what it normally is, but its okay, I'm still learning and I plan on practicing a lot.

For your enjoyment, here are some pics of it.



4 comments:

Cyn said...

awww. i hope you two are very happy together. enjoy vegas this weekend.

Mac the Knife said...

i don't know which picture is gayer, you looking waaaaay too happy bowling on your carpet, or john on a swing by himself looking waaaaay to happy in NY.

Amy said...

i got bored reading your post...oiled lanes, not so oiled lanes, sanded...zzzzzzzzzzz anywho i hope this ball works the way you want it to

Jim said...

I don't go bowling regularly, but it's always been a dream of mine to own some bowling shoes. Um, I suppose it's pretty easy to make this dream a reality.