Thursday, June 08, 2006

A new top 10.....

As promised to some of you, here are my top 10 quotes from comedies. Enjoy and let me know if I'm missing any important ones.

#10

Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.

#9

Chris Pontius: Wait a minute. I already know my fortune, it's to party!

#8

Kenny Davis: [to horse] Hey, girl! You hungry?
Overweight Woman: [walking by and overhears] F*ck you, nigga!
Kenny Davis: I'm sorry! I was talking to the horse.

#7

Brodie Bruce: Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator.

#6

H.I.: I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got.

#5

Knibb High Principal: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#4

Steve McCroskey: This fog is getting thicker.
Johnny: And Leon is getting laaaaarrrrrger!!

#3

Capt. Ed Hocken: Doctors say that Nordberg has a 50 - 50 chance of living, though there's only a 10 percent chance of that.

#2

Peter Gibbons: I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be.

and my #1 quote from a comedy is............

Dark Helmet: Found anything yet?
Henchmen: Man, we ain't found sh*t!

6 comments:

Hutch said...

I'm surprised you didn't have a Napoleon quote since you say them so often. I gotta ask...why that one from Office Space?

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Because Office Space is one of THE best movies!!!! There are a ton of quotes from that movie.

Hutch said...

I know Office Space is a great movie. I just think there are a lot of better quotes he could have picked.

Darth said...

The reason I picked that quote was just cause I too have a dream of doing nothing. I tell it to my friends frequently

Anonymous said...

From AIRPLANE

Rumack: Randy, are you all right?
Randy (crying): Oh, Dr. Rumack, I'm scared. I've never been so scared. And besides, I'm 26 and I'm not married.
Rumack: We're going to make it, you've got to believe that.
[a woman passenger comes in]
Mrs. Hammen: Dr. Rumack, do you have any idea when we'll be landing?
Rumack: Pretty soon, how are you bearing up?
Mrs. Hammen: Well, to be honest, I've never been so scared. At least I have a husband.

Rocket Surgeon, Phd said...

Adam Sandler in "Airheads": "I have no idea what you're saying right now."

And

John Candy in "Spaceballs": "I'm a Mog. Half man, Half dog. I'm my own best friend."