Saturday, June 24, 2006

World Cup



I became enamored by the world cup in 1994 when America played host. Since then, every 4 years I look forward to watching games at odd hours and rooting for my favorites. I always cheer for America, because I’m a homer like that and this year I thought the team would finally show that they were ready to compete on the world stage. Alas I was wrong...very very wrong. I watched every team play at least 1 game, most 2, but I have to say no one looked quite as inept as the USA team. I saw no consistent pushing of the ball, no real formula for winning, or any plays set up. What I did see by the American team, is a team overmatched in every game aspect. Every game they looked like they were playing for a tie or not to lose. It was really sad to see. You'd think that in a country as large as ours, we could somehow assemble a quality team and coach, but we must wait another 4 years to see if they can do it.



With the USA out, I have decided that I will be rooting for England, unless you the public sway me to root for someone else. So if you don't think England deserves my cheering, please let me know who I should root for and why.

4 comments:

Hutch said...

What a traitor! You live in North Mexico. That's where your loyalty should have been.

Anonymous said...

Three lions on a shirt
Jules Rimet still gleaming
No more years of hurt
No more need for dreaming

It's coming home, it's coming home
It's coming, Football's coming home

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Spain!!!

Darth said...

I was rooting for Spain as well cause I had them beating Brazil in the 2nd round, but they decided they'd rather lose to the French. Thats right the no good French. I'm sure they'll give up soon though, its what they do