Thursday, June 29, 2006

Now thats cheese

Because I know my readers are dying for another list to critique, I now give to you the Top Ten Cheesiest Movie Moments/Quotes. This list was actually harder to put together than I thought it would be.

#10

Yulaw: The Multiverse, every universe in it, is irrational, sloppy. I try to make it rational. I try to make it neat. You call it murder. How can I murder myself 123 times? (this actually became cheesier thanks to mac)

#9

Rafe: Danny, you can't die. You can't die. You know why? 'Cause you're gonna be a father. You're gonna be a daddy. I wasn't supposed to tell you. You're gonna be a father.
Danny: No, you are.

#8

Storm: Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?
The same thing that happens to everything else.

#7

Benjamin Martin: Before this war is over, I'm going to kill you.

#6

Rocky Balboa: If I can change, we can all change!

#5

Rose: I will never let go (it makes it cheesier to me that she lets go right after she says this, and yes i get that she meant it emotionally not physically, but i still find it funny)

#4

Dorothy Boyd: You had me at hello

#3

Mr. Freeze: Allow me to break the ice. My name is Freeze. Learn it well. For it's the chilling sound of your doom. (In all honesty, anything that Arnold says in this movie is cheesy. Seriously go look at the dialogue that he says, its spectacular!)

#2

Anakin Skywalker: Mom, you said that the biggest problem in the universe is no one helps each other. (I hate you Jake Lloyd....seriously)

#1

President Thomas Whitmore: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom...Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution...but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

I accept all comments or suggestions for replacements.

1 comment:

Hutch said...

Yeah, I can't watch Independence Day and that scene is a huge part of that. The other part is Will and Jeff uploading the virus to the alien ship. Lame!