Monday, November 05, 2007

Korean for a Day!

So apparently people forget every once in a while that I'm not actually Asian, but I am white....I know some of you are shocked and amazed at this revelation, but yes its true. Because of this I don't necessarily get all the culture and tradition that goes into some ceremonies. I mean a wedding if you are white is pretty typical, and then you get the reception. Just the basics there. The day after the wedding this past weekend I was able to watch a Korean Wedding/Tea Ceremony. Here are some pictures with observations:











Here is the proud groom, showing off his KISS-esque boots.







Here is the bride, shoes not nearly as tall. Apparently the two sets of clothing were really heavy.











After bowing to their family members, the happy couple receive words of wisdom. After that the bride and groom have dates thrown at them which they catch using the white cloth on the brides dress.









Following the dates, the groom gives a piggy-back ride with his bride around the tea table. What this represents...I'm not really sure. But it was amusing







After carrying his bride around the table, he does the same thing with his mother. Still not sure of this significance either.














Then the groom stripped down to reveal his awesome pink jumpsuit and pretended to take our orders as if we were at a Chinese restaurant.









All and all, it was a very nice ceremony, and most of all I am very happy for the new bride and groom. I wish them many years of happiness together.

No comments: