Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Secret to My Success


So I have finally proven my theory that all things revolve around being able to play expert level minesweeper and beat it. Two weeks ago I told myself that if I beat minesweeper before bowling I will do well that night. Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete the expert level, and what happened? That's right I averaged about a 145 for the night, far below my average. This past Thursday I told myself the same thing, only this time I beat the expert level in record time for myself. Later that night I bowled a 601 series, thus averaging a 200 each game. Today was the real test though. Lately I haven't been hitting in softball at all, dinky pop ups or routine grounders have been all I could muster. So naturally before work I played minesweeper and beat it after a few tries. This evening I am happy to report that I went 3-4 with a double and two singles, and most importantly every single time I hit the ball it was a clean line drive that made the bat pop. Needless to say I will be playing a lot of minesweeper in the weeks to follow. I suggest you all do the same.

5 comments:

Mac the Knife said...

you are gayer than tom delonge.

Curelover said...

Hmmm so playing mindsweeper = good at sports. Interesting. Maybe big wig ball players should do the same. Ha ha.

Jim said...

I wonder if this minesweeper theory would work for me too. Well, I'm not any good at minesweeper, so it'd have to be a relative thing. Maybe if I just load it up it'd be sufficient? Also, a 145 in bowling would be a great game for me!

Cyn said...

i want to play softball.

i have never won expert minesweep but i have hit many a homerun.

Amy said...

since i have issues beating the beginners level, i don't think this theory will work for me. =(