Sunday, November 12, 2006

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - complete



10:28 - I already had the movie poster below, so I decided to go with Natalie's pic for this one. Why? If you are asking why then you are lame. I will start this one from where I left off two blogs ago, so that I won't repeat myself.

10:49 - General Grievous is always coughing and such and I bet many of you are wondering why. The answer is that Mace Windu used his "force crush" on him before he got on his ship. Thus he cannot breath so well with a crush chest cavity. How do I know this? Clone Wars Cartoons of course!

10:56 - Yes the two lovers are together again....no not Padme and Anakin, C3P0 and R2-D2. They are cute together. This is in the early stages of their dating days I think. Okay now P&A are back together. Has anyone looked less pregnant than her?

11:00 - Oh crap its the "I'm so in love speech" - Stop it! Seriously! Natalie in the even clothing though, that can continue.

11:09 - Anakin still complains a lot. oohh I'm not a master, oooohhh don't make me spy. Just do your job!

11:13 - Hold me, like you did by the lake in naboo. Mac told me that's what Annie used to tell him.

11:15 - Doesn't Anakin realize that Palpatine can sense things....almost like in a Jedi way, but only from a different perspective. Anakin is still dumb and naive. Now Palpatine is gong on about Sith legends. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he's a Sith Lord. That's like me talking about bowling all the time, you would automatically assume I'm pro...which of course I am.

11:21 - Its nice to see Anakin apologizing for being a pain in the ass one last time to Obi-wan before leaving. Its not like he's never going to see him again.

11:22 - Here is something that bugged me. The Clones all share the same scar that Jango Fett did. My thought is that scars aren't in DNA, so how could they be transferred? Lame question, but seriously, that makes no sense.

11:23 - something happening. I'm not the Jedi I should be, I want more, and I know I shouldn't. I like to use this line relating it to whatever I want to be better at. Its fun! I'm not the Policy and Government Relations Advisor I should be, I want more!

11:35 - Palpatine gets cooler with the more power he gets. He tells Anakin who he is, but is so above Anakin that he makes him do nothing. Simply amazing. "I can feel your anger, it makes you stronger, give you focus"

11:37 - Obi-wan just uses a blaster. This is like Batman using a gun, it just doesn't happen.

11:39 - Ahh the moment in Star Wars when all goes to hell. Anakin starts crying and decides to save Palpatine. Cool scene though, flashes of Anakin and Padme staring out their windows into the sun. A moment of clarity for both I guess.

11:41 - Either Mace Windu brought the 3 weakest Jedis with him, or Palpatine is just one badarse fighter.

11:42 - If you have never seen the face Palpatine makes while fighting, watch ep3 again. They are classic, it almost looks like he is joking around.

11:47 - Does anyone else think palpatine looks funny before he puts his hood on? Where his hair is wild and his face is all burned? Yeah its hilarious.

11:50 - This is by far the most depressing moment in any of the 6 movies in my mind. The slaughter of the Jedi. The music really adds to the situation as well. This is by far one of Lucas's better directing and editing moments.

11:52 - Poor Yoda...he just dropped his cane. Luckily he is a badass and the clones have no shot.

11:54 - Anakin lights up his saber to kids...yeah that's messed up.

12:03 - Error Alert! When Anakin gets out of his ship on Mustafar uses both his hands to put on his hood. Neither one is a metallic hand. Both are normal. There was no life-like hand replacement yet, that didn't come til Episode V when Luke needed it.

12:10 - Obi-wan is going to talk to Padme. I like when he says that Anakin has turned to the darkside, she automatically knows what that means. Considering the Sith had been gone for hundreds of years, she must really know her history.

12:11 - Obi-wan "Anakin is the father isn't he? I'm so sorry" - Great line

12:15 - Padme just ran out of her fighter, has anyone looked less pregnant, I know I have asked already, but still! And she RAN to him! and she has twins! c'mon people!

12:16 - Anakin/Darth's speech to Padme is awesome. Anakin's first first choke too. He has grown up so fast.

12:18 - Darth and Obi-wan have their conversation, and are about to start battling "You will try!!"

12:20 - Yoda just took out the guards. The red guard was one of my favorite action figures as a kid. Not sure why, he didn't do anything, but just stood there.

12:20 - Yoda and Palpatine start their force push battle. I wish I could force push, I know I said it previously, but still awesome. Now Obi-wan and Darth battle it and push each other!!

12:23 - Fight in the Senate room. Is it lame that I was wondering while watching this, if the senators who are having their pods destroyed gonna be pissed? And how does Palpatine or the guards explain this? "umm yeah they umm, fell off their ledges. They umm weren't bolted down, sorry about that, we'll get you a new one"

12:26 - Nerd note: This is the only time in any Star Wars movie, where two of the same colored lightsaber battle one another.

12:30 - You underestimate my power! it looks like he is wearing mascara here

12:31 - oooh thats gotta burn a little. Poor Obi-wan, although I do give him credit for not sticking the lightsaber in his back or chopping his head off. Now he is becomng a crispy critter.

12:35 - The birth of the twins/birth of Darth Vader. Pretty cool mix. I really like the Vader operating room being pristine white. Ahh the helmet is coming down.......click, snap, ready to breathe. More nerd trivia: This is the first Darth Helmet to be perfect in its shape. All others didn't have a symmetrical mold.

12:39 - Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - Darth looks pretty lame during this moment.

12:41 - Funeral on Naboo. Nice touch that they are adding in that necklace that Anakin gave her. Does anyone know that oh he killed her!!?!? Special appearances by Boss Nass and Jar Jar.

This is by far the best movie of the new trilogy. I don't even think its close, nor can I find anyone to argue with me. Anyway, thank you for reading. I will probably do episodes IV-VI sometime soon. Until then...Keep on trucking. I bet you thought I was gonna say, "May the force be with you!" - Fooled you!

2 comments:

Curelover said...

Yes of the three new ones the last one was by far the best. Anakin's whining gets so annoying. Ugh. Who knew Darth Vader was such a little bitch. I know you LOVE Ms. Natalie Portman but she does have enough of the nerd girl factor for me. I'm not sure Carrie Fisher did as well but lo and behold there she is. I still think Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan was the best. Man he is so hot/cute.

Hedwig said...

"11:22 - Here is something that bugged me. The Clones all share the same scar that Jango Fett did. My thought is that scars aren't in DNA, so how could they be transferred? Lame question, but seriously, that makes no sense."

Not a lame question. Good point. They shouldn't all have the scar...DNA does not transfer scars.

Kudos on the commentary, really saves me from watching the actual movie, I just play it fast forward in my head as I read. :)