Monday, November 20, 2006

Home again

Hello everyone. Sorry for my lame couple of posts that past couple of days, I was away from my home computer and didn't feel like spending too much time using other people's.

Phoenix was a lot of fun, I would post pictures but in case you didn't know my camera was stolen a few weeks ago. This was a nice ongoing joke for the trip though, as either myself or one of the other guys would as me to take pictures for memories.

This was pretty much ultimate sports weekend as I watched the Suns/Sixers game on Friday night, spent Saturday at "The Library" and "Hooters" watching the Michigan/OSU and USC/Cal games. As you probably guessed the two places I mentioned were both bars, and also needless to say I think I drank my fair share. Lucky for me I took a nap later in the evening and was fine the next morning. John, however, not quite as lucky that night.

Sunday we went to the Cardinals/Lions game. I think the best thing I can say is that the University of Phoenix Stadium is quite impressive and seems to have a good atmosphere. The teams, the parking and the food however weren't as good though.

Overall I have to say it was a pretty fun trip, and Phoenix was a pretty happening place. The roads all seem to be torn up, but driving around isn't too difficult we found.

I think my favorite part of the trip happened while having a conversation with our friend Dong after we passed the local greyhound race track.

Dong: You guys ever bet on dogs?
Rest of Us: No just horses, what about you?
Dong: No way man! Dogs are crazy!

So yes, never bet on dogs in a race, cause they are crazy. Follow that advice and you'll go far.

No comments: